1. Speaker A: That was a great dinner. You must have spent all day cooking. Speaker B: . A. Yes, it was really very tiring.
B. No, it’s really nothing.
C. No, it’s only a casual meal.
D. Thanks. But it only took two hours.
2. Speaker A: I tried to buy you those towels you wanted on sale, but they only had these really ugly ones left. Sorry. Speaker B: _____. They are not bad.
Speaker A: What’s your favorite food?
Speaker B: Pizza.
Speaker A: _____ . I prefer chocolate ice cream.
A. Not me.
B. So do I.
C. Same here.
D. You got it.
4. Speaker A: This computer keeps giving me trouble.
Speaker B: Try restarting it. ______.
A. See if that helps.
B. I can do nothing about it.
C. Who knows?
D. What else?
5. Speaker A: Susan, I can’t get my old job jacket. It’s a lost cause.
Speaker B: _____ .
A. Can’t you? It serves you right.
B. I understand. You’ll find something else.
C. Yes, I know it’s not a good cause.
D. Lost？Maybe I can help you find it.
6. Speaker A: I had no idea the movie would end like that.
Speaker B: _____. I was really surprised.
A. Me either.
B. Me alike.
C. I think so.
D. Not that I know.
7. Speaker A: I’m a little scared about the operation. Speaker B: ______, honey. The doctors will be there every step of the way.
A.You know what.
B. That’s good.
C. Don’t worry.
D. That’s it. 8. Speaker A: Who left the refrigerator door open? Speaker B: ______. I haven’t been in the kitchen all day. A. Don’t look at me.
B. You ask for it.
C. You bet.
D. Don’t be silly.
9. Speaker A: Could you get me Extension 1058, please?
Speaker B: _____ .
A. Yes. This is operator speaking.
B. OK. Here you are.
C. No. I’m busy now.
D. Sorry. The line is busy.
10. Speaker A: You’ve been the first place winner in this writing contest. Congratulations！
Speaker B: _______ .
A. Yes. It’s quite easy for me.
B. It’s very kind of you to say so.
C. Thank you for the good news.
D. Not at all. It’s nothing.